Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ghandi Forgets

As I wake up every morning and go to school. I realize, I'm not normal: i keep forgetting that everybody knows who Gandhi is, except me. i keep forgetting to dot my eyes and cross my tee's. i keep forgetting to be normal. to stop in the middle of the hallway and talk to people I don't even know. to block the way of those minding their own business. i keep forgetting the social norm. i keep forgetting: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NORMAL i keep forgetting to watch my words. people don't understand my crude humor. my dry sarcasm, or that I don't speak unless spoken to. i keep forgetting how easily people get offended. i keep forgetting that I am a people, not a person and that 'normal' people actually act like a person. I keep forgetting to own myself completely. I keep forgetting to see the light at the end of the tunnel I keep forgetting that that light is warm and inviting. I keep forgetting to be 'normal'

No comments:

Post a Comment